Sunday, August 16, 2009

Suddenly Someone


My eyes refused to close at night after the forty winks in the noon. It's been quite sometime since I'm in the USA and I'm feeling the heat of being here.

The place is relatively new and lonely. New because you don't find the Mumbai crowd jam packed with people that run healther skelther to catch the train bus or run to their workplaces and yet manage to reach late & lonely because you don't see a single soul walking on the roads arbitrarily the way you did back in India, all you see is just some vehicles zooming very fast.

It bites you every minute with the thought and want to occupy the somber looking drab but enormous space. The silence and loneliness could kill you if you were someone who loves being thronged by people. To add to it there are somethings that make me feel weird about being here. One such thing is being suddenly someone.

I never had an identity of being the most brilliant or a go getter or for that matter someone who wanted to achieve great heights hence a lot of people decided to quit being by my side simply for a reason that I was not upto their mark of being perfect. It broke my heart terribly and it would for anyone who felt that these were some important people in your life.

But it really makes me feel indignant that why I am suddenly someone now? What was wrong then? Perhaps I wasn't doing so good, but I didn't deserve to be thrown out of life for sure. Nevertheless, they have been important people as I have learnt what friends of good times are.

I thank God that atleast some people close to me had been there, are and will always be to stand by me in my thick or thin. For whom my being anything doesn't matter. They love and care for me the way that I'm. I'm someone for them no matter where I'm. And the best thing is that it is not suddenly...

2 comments:

  1. heyyy priyanka . . . missing u dear . .
    Ranjna

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is nice ... very nice ...!!

    ReplyDelete