Friday, January 1, 2010

Games People Play and What When There Are No People Around?


I tried to grab a review of this well known book - "Games People Play". Since I had some free time in the winter break, reading a book was perhaps one of the best things to do. But the problem was that by the end of 2009 I had no people around me. And what bothered me most was, 'would it really matter even if they played some games? At least some people would have been around.' Perhaps, it would.


2009 had been an eventful year for me. A quiet birthday with family, a broken leg, GRE, an uneventful horoscope reading, resignation from job, getting recos, applying to colleges, trip to North India, admit to Lamar, coming to US, building the home here, living without proper finances for two and a half months, back to college after 3 yrs, new education system, selecting wrong subjects, pressure for grades, weird schedule and a lonely Christmas and New Year.

This is the first time in life that I'm on my own. No parents to guide you, no one to take care of you, no one to feed you and worst no friends nearby. It's just you, you and you alone. Good part is that sometimes there are some acquaintances around who look like angels because sometimes they are there, present near you. The phone has become a lifeline and work slowly becoming worship.

I wonder if I continue being in this no man's land for long then what would I become.

Nevertheless, it's been an all together different experience. Spending time alone is difficult though not impossible. Slowly I'm learning to live with it that this is how things are going to be for the time that I would be here. So just trying to be at peace with things.

I wonder if I would mind the mind games people resort to but for sure I hope new year brings in more faith, happiness, peace, prosperity and well being for everyone and me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment