Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Bean Burrito


I'll admit, I never liked this thing called "The Bean Burrito".

Well, for all those who don't understand what I'm talking abo
ut... Burritos look like bean vegetable stuffed in a thin tortilla (maida roti) and rolled for you to eat. To make it simple, they look like 'Frankie' and on the left side of this page you can view how they look like.

I first brought in a pack of "El Monterey- Bean Burritos" from Walmart thinking that this thing will taste like our very own Indian Samosas or atleast close to frankie. When I tried eating it after placing it in microwave for 2mins, as instructed in the pack, there I was, finding it absolutely unpalatable.

But after trying it for a couple of times I find myself in a position to digest it now. How? Well, I made my own Indian modifications for the stuff to taste as per my taste buds. Took the burrito and microwaved it for a minute overall and then placed it on tava, applied a lot of butter to it and there it was, ready to eat with Maggi Hot and Sweet Tomato Chilli sauce. Well, it cant replace the Indian Samosa's but tastes really good.

Being a vegetarian and that too in the US could be a pain in neck. You don't have many choices about eating. Going out to eat is very much an impractical thing, one because I don't have a car yet and places here are as far as they can be and two because there are very few places where you can get tasty food the way we have it in India.

I'm trying to make some modifications with a some of the things we get at walmart. The first began with the bean burrito. It has taught me something important. You need to adjust. Life doesn't always give you what you like but there are somethings like the burrito that you will always manage to find. All you need to know is how to modify it as per your needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment