Friday, December 25, 2009

And Even When I Longed For It...


Wants and more wants and running behind them like crazy.
Weird and lost, the way seemed so hazy.
When everything was just there they still were lost.
Frozen and cold and refusing to defrost.
From the window pane now all left was dark and wet.
And even when I longed for it, the sun began to set.

There was a pretty time when things were not the same.
I could control them, they were something I could tame.
Life was busy though, but it was happy and gay.
And everything I wanted all happened in my way.
Even the memories of that time give such a joyful feeling.
I wished I could go back and I'm more than willing.

But now I've come so far that the wants need to be met.
And even if I long for it, the sun will always set.

No comments:

Post a Comment